ARE YOU CREATIVE AND INSPIRING?
We are always looking for passionate and talented creatives to enhance the FBB team.
If you feel you would be a valuable addition to our team, send us your credentials: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently we're looking for:
SENIOR LIGHTING & RENDERING ARTISTS
FBB is currently recruiting Senior Lighting & Rendering Artists – preferably with Redshift experience –
to join our in-house team on an exciting feature film.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure there is consistency in lighting, colour balance and mood between the various elements of a shot or scene.
- Work closely with the rendering and compositing departments to understand what is required at the next stage and
ensure their material is easy to use and delivered on time.
- Set up materials and render layers.
- Support the development of character textures and
shading specs for lighting and rendering optimization
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years production experience in texturing, shading, lighting and rendering stylized and photorealistic environments,
props, vehicles and characters
- Moderate compositing experience
- Strong understanding of film & photographic lighting techniques, live-action CGI integration, HDRI & global illumination rendering,
color-matching & correction, mood and atmosphere
- Familiar with scene wrangling, layer rendering, render farm management, etc.
- Basic generalist skills including modeling, animation, etc. are advantageous
- Self motivated with ability to take responsibilities and able to coordinate with different departments ensuring all deadlines are met
- Technically proficient in Maya, VRay, Mental Ray.
- Experience with Redshift is a bonus
To apply for this position please send your resume and link to your reel to jobs(at)fishblowing.com with “Lighting & Rendering Artist” and your name in the subject line. Please state your availability.
FBB is currently recruiting compositors, whose primary function is to seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements, and work closely with the VFX Supervisor to composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot.
- Constructing the final image by combining layers of previously-created material, including rendered computer animation, special effects, graphics, 2D animation, live action and static background plates
- 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements and colour grading
- Blue/green screen extractions
- Seamless integration of live action, miniature and CGI sources
- Follow production pipelines
- Develop creative approaches and problem-solving
- Take part in daily reviews
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience as a compositor, preferable in feature film industry
- Expert knowledge of Nuke, 3D and stereo compositing, CG integration with multi-pass EXR
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver consistently high aesthetic and high technical quality work, and encourage those around you to the same standards
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge
- An understanding of the whole film pipeline
- General problem solving skills
- Knowledge of After Effects is a plus
How to Apply:
To be considered please email your resume and link to your reel to jobs(at)fishblowing.com with “Compositor” and your name in the subject line. Please state your availability.
JUNIOR IT ADMINISTRATOR / IT SUPPORT
FBB is looking for a passionate Junior IT Administrator/ IT Support who would like to work in a creative environment and be responsible for helping our IT Administrator setting up and maintaining our in-house IT Infrastructure, which consists of LINUX servers and Windows and Mac workstations. This is an in-house position with an immediate start.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Support the IT Administrator with general Linux server maintenance
• Support the IT Administrator with user and rights management
• Setting up Windows and Mac workstations
• Support the IT Administrator with maintaining the backup system
• Cable management and machine assembly
• Support the IT Administrator with analysis of software or hardware issues
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2+ years of experience in IT system administration
• A procedural approach to solving issues
• Linux /FreeBSD knowledge is essential
• Strong understanding of Windows workstations and user management
• Experience with VMware solutions or other virtualization solutions
• Strong system and network security awareness
• Good team player
• Good communication skills and the ability to communicate efficiently in English
To apply for this position, please send your resume with “Junior IT Administrator ” and your name in the subject line to jobs(at)fishblowing.com. Please state your availability.
This is an in-house position with an immediate start, therefore we can only consider applications from candidates with the right to work in the EU.
ART DIRECTOR MOTION DESIGN
We’re looking for an experienced, highly motivated full-time Art Director to support our team.
You will be part of the creation team and be responsible for:
- concept, storyboard and styleframes
- leading teams of interdisciplinary artists from first concept to final playout
- communicating and presenting projects to clients
- diverse and challenging interdiciplinary projects
- international clients and projects ranging from home appliances, automotive, future technology, film&tv and game brands
- responsibility and a wide creative scope
- open mind and ability to work in teams
- at least 1 year of working experience as an AD or 4 years as Motion Designer
- great sense for design and trends
- completed studies as communication designer or similar
- strong communication skills to get ideas across
- excellent in AfterEffects
- passion for infographics and 2,5D
- good knowledge about 3D and 3D picture composing
- spoken & written English, German language is advantageous but not essential
Please send your CV to: jobs©fishblowing,com